Coronavirus is a family of viruses. It affects the lungs and respiratory system in an individual with symptoms similar to influenza. Globally, positive cases are rapidly expanding. As per WHO guidelines, precaution is the best way to control the pandemic going around the World.
The AIIMS Director, Dr Randeep Guleria bursts some of the myths that the World is believing in:
- Climatic conditions do not have any role to play in diminishing the virus.
- Only through contact does the virus spread. Anyone residing in a locality with the Coronavirus shall remain in isolation. But that will not cause others in the locality to get affected unless they touch the patient or establish a contact with him/her.
- Alcohol is not the medicine that can prohibit the virus.
- Non-vegetarian food will not cause the spread of the virus but it is a general health measure where the meat is thoroughly washed or taken care of.
- Wash your hands regularly with plenty of soap and water.
- Keep an alcohol-based sanitizer ready when soap and water are not available.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, or mouth with unclean hands.
- Keep a distance of at least 1 meter from anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Follow no-touch greeting to avoid germs transmission.
So far, there have been 1,73,344 positive cases of Coronavirus or Covid19 of which 6,687 have died, 77,867 have recovered. Out of 90,369 current cases, 84,402 are in mild condition and 5,967 are in critical condition.
Though the number speaks for worries about the new unknown disease, precaution is the only key to control it. The citizens of respective countries must take the charge for their own safety at the same time keeping the facts in mind and forgoing the myths. Keep safe and stay healthy. Together fight back #coronavirus.